DISCLAIMER! This contest is NOT an officially affiliated or endorsed by Elvira, General Mills, the Monster Cereals brand, Kellogg, or any other cereal brand or horror host personality. We’re just fans who love us some cereal and horror movies.
Greetings boils and ghouls! After taking a break from our annual Create a Cereal Monster Contest last year, we’re bringing it back…albeit in a slightly different way. While we considered keeping everything the same as our past three contests, it felt right to shake things up a bit for number four. Heck, the first rule of any fourth film in a horror franchise is always reinvention. Here’s how it’ll work this year…
HOW TO ENTER:
Select any horror host, real or fictional, and imagine what it would be like if they had their own cereal brand. Create the box art for that imaginary cereal using any medium you want…illustration, sculpture, papercraft—the more creative you are the better your chances! Entries will be judged on CREATIVITY, ORIGINALITY and PRESENTATION, not artistic ability, so don’t be afraid if your drawing skills are lacking.
Submit your artwork along with your cereal’s name, flavor and any other details you think we should know like prizes in the box. The following are but a few horror hosts to get your idea engines started, feel free to pick from the list or find your own!
- Submissions must be sent to email@example.com
- The artwork must be original and created specifically for this contest. No previously created artwork will be accepted.
- Submissions can be created in any medium: hand-drawn, digital, sculpture, photography, mixed media… yes, even food.
- Entries will be judged based on creativity, originality and presentation.
- Your submission MUST feature your chosen horror host.
- Multiple entries are allowed provided they are completely differenct characters. Limit three (3) entries per contestant.
GRAND PRIZE (1)
One GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive a set of Monster Cereal prints by artist Manny Galan (CARTOON LAGOON STUDIOS), a Cerealbusters t-shirt of their choice, a Cerealbusters patch, pin and a set of scented Monster Cereal stickers!
Two RUNNER-UP WINNERS will receive a Cerealbusters t-shirt plus an assortment of random Halloween-themed goodies.
CONTEST ENDS 10/28/16
Deadline for entries is Friday, October 28th, 2016 at 11:59pm CST. All submissions will be judged by the SKC staff. Contest open to residents of U.S. and Canada only. Winners will be announced on Monday, October 31st, 2016.